Sunday, February 24, 2013

One Cold December Night...

... my friend Hanna took me to the horse stable with her.

Atte.





After the evening chores, such as feeding Atte, getting him ready and geared up, the youngster took us for a ride in the pitch black Finnish woods. Already after ten minutes, I couldn't feel my toes or fingers anymore. However, the ice cold wind was not the only reason that brought tears to my eyes - it was wonderful! :)


A warm, velvety nuzzle on the palm is a great feeling on a cold winter's night.



Hanna must have many stories about Atte, but the one I got to experience was this handsome young man as a mischievous stallion with a sense of humour. When picking him up from the corral, he pretended to be cuddling, rubbing his muzzle against your shoulder. The next second, his teeth reached for the top of Hanna's woolly hat, stealing it away. :D


As wonderful the ride was, I must say how happy I was being back at the stables, defrosting myself and inhaling the therapeutic smell of the horses. 

Atte's stable mate in her own pen.

No comments: