Friday, May 18, 2012

Photography Pupils

One of the most important things I have done this year was to do a course in photography; more exactly, I learned how to use my camera. Many people own fancy digital single lense reflex cameras but only a few know how to use them to their full potential.


The first part of the basic course, had an exhibition of the final work done during the course. The classes had different themes for the final work. Ours was based on the decontextualisation of domestic objects and it was influenced by a famous photographer, Chema Madoz. In other words, the task was to put an everyday object like a toothbrush into a new environment.


Thanks to Labloom, our school in visual arts and photography here in Bogotá, I know now, too, how to use my camera! Our teacher and co-owner of the school, Fabian Acosta, is handing me the certificate.

All photos above by Labloom

My final work was a travelling family of Nivea body cream bottles. They travelled all the way to Europe with me, were waiting for the train at Zurich Airport, got onto the Swiss train and did even a snow shoe hike on the Finnish slopes.


So I had my first exhibition already; now I'm waiting for potential buyers wanting to invest in my art. And I'm one step closer to my dream coming true! ;)

2 comments:

Viivi Seppänen said...

Tosi kiva kuva sinusta hakemassa ansaittua sertifikaattia! Hyvä Jo!!

Johanna said...

Jes Viivi, kiitos! :) Se oli kyllä ylpeä hetki. Upea tunne, kun on saanut jotain suoritettua onnistuneesti.