Friday, May 4, 2012
Tennis Time!
Last Sunday we were invited by our landlord and his wife to play tennis at the club where they are members, Ameríca Tenís Club in Bogotá.
As we are both beginners, we got an instructor who showed us the basics of the moves. He also made us run! I didn't know how exhausting tennis can be! But I enjoyed every minute of it, even when I was catching my breath...
After the lesson we had breakfast, sauna and showers, and got to know the club a bit better. The club's garden is also where we spotted a Colombian fruit called lulo growing in the trees. The same fruit is known as naranjilla or 'little orange' in Ecuador, and it's often used to make juice.
Tennis is definitely a cool sport which I could imagine practising more frequently. It's fast paced, if you're handling the ball well enough, and so much fun, if you get the sensation of succeeding every now and then. So maybe before planning the hobby any further, I should get an instructor, at least in the beginning... ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment