Friday, October 1, 2010

Where Did September Go?

September ran by fast. I flew from Finland to Austria on September 11; we attended our friends' wedding in Dornbirn on September 17; we arrived in Santiago on September 20 just in time for the last day of Bicentenario Fiestas Patrias where Chile was celebrating its 200 year independence from Spain; Lukas traveled to Colombia and Peru for business for a week on September 22, the same day when I started again at The Santiago Times; I started working at an Irish pub called Flannery's on September 23; I quit working at Flannery's on September 26; Lukas came back from the business conference journey on September 28; and on September 30 I tried out zumba which is also available in Santiago. Phew. Are you still with me?

When it comes to new plans for October, this month is very special for us because we receive several guests from Austria. As the great hostess I always aim to be, I have started planning already how to make our guests' stay at our place and in Santiago as comfortable as possible. That, of course, requires some shopping. My latest discoveries include the findings of yeast and baking power which opens new horizons for me in the kitchen!

Additionally, I've been given the opportunity to redecorate the Santiago Times' office; in other words, with the help of my workmates I selected the paints for two rooms yesterday. The office will not look the same when I'm done with it! ;)

Otherwise, it's back to reality. The days consist pretty much of the office time and home time, and the long wait of the days turning warmer and warmer as the spring goes on...

No comments: