Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Brunch in Abasto

I got an email one sunny Sunday morning a couple of weeks ago.
"Would you like to join us girls for a brunch at a restaurant in Usaquen?"
"I'd love to!" I wrote my answer.


So Lukas went cycling and I met Daniela and Monica for brunch.




Girly chichat, good food, lovely weather - what a better way to spend a Sunday morning?


Abasto is a New York style breakfast and brunch restaurant in Usaquen, Bogota.




The cozy restaurant has two floors and a balcony, and a shop area where one can buy healthy natural products. Additionally, they have a bodega (wine cellar) and farmer's vegetables available for purchase.


Passion fruit (granadilla in Spanish) juice and freh fruit salad.




The food is fresh and delicious. The usual breakfast on the menu contains known courses with a twist, such as pancakes, homemade pastries and cakes, Colombian specialities, eggs served in many forms, natural juices, and so on. As a minus, the service is quite slow so be prepared not to go in a hurry. On the weekends, it is recommended to make a reservation to make sure that you get a table.






Monica and Daniela at the market in Usaquen.

Usaquen is a colonial neighbourhood in the north of Bogota that used to be a village but as the city has grown enourmously during the last few decades, it has merged into it. Usaquen has, however, maintained the village-y feel, and is a nice place to walk around especially on Sundays, when the handicrafts market takes place.










No comments: