Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hay, Hay, Hay - Jump!





One of us is an adrenaline junkie.

Driven by somebody else's need of hearing the blood pumping in the veins, suddenly I found myself from a motocross field somewhere outside of Bogotá.

For many other girls the thought of spending a sunny Saturday by a motocross track might be repugnant. After the initial weird sentiment, as soon as we arrived, I saw the window of opportunities opening!


La Laguna, the motocross area near the municipality of Guatavita in Guasca is extremely photogenic. Golden hay fields, blue sky, white clouds, the distant lagoon - not to mention the muddy motocross drivers! During those four hours I almost did not have enough time to capture everything I wanted.


So while Lukas was releasing his inner race driver on the muddy motocross field...




And perhaps even competing with other racers, like this fellow in red...






... my mind was racing with other things. Diaphragm, angle, exposure, composition... I was seeing the beauty of nature through my viewfinder!




I was amazed just at the pure diversity of these simple golden straws and the colour combination of sandy beige and sky blue.









However, it wasn't all hay and gone with the wind. I also had some real models.



Do you see the determination in the little girl's eyes?


She saw the big black eye that was my camera and came reaching for it.


You can see the world in her eyes.



Meanwhile, elsewhere. Teacher and nurse are both prepared for the needs of the student, waiting for him to take laps.


There he comes! If you could see the driver's eyes properly, you would see determination in them, too. And perhaps already some exhaustion. ;)



The first jump.


Teacher saw as best to guide the student in order to improve the landing when jumping.


And it worked! Already much better, and more correct.




After some more practice, Lukas can also jump as high as this dude in red.


Although for a beginner, he is already pretty good.



No comments: