
Last weekend we were invited to a Colombian-Austrian wedding here in Bogotá. The etiquette said 'black tie' which meant it was going to be quite formal and fancy so I had to start a dress hunt!
All my better dresses are back in Europe so I had no other option except to buy a new one. At first it was a bit of head scratcher as it seemed there are no long dresses anywhere but I finally a week before the wedding the right one appeared itself.

The wedding took place in Bogotá at a beautiful little estate called
Hacienda San Juan.


The view to the city was gorgeous especially when it got darker.

Chatting with the groom and getting to know some other people. The wedding was truly international with guests from all over the world - Austria, Colombia, Miami, Peru, Brazil, Finland, Switzerland...

Here comes the bride...


The priest gave the funniest speech I have ever heard. He was referring to the bride as
the Good Wife and was reminding the couple that if either one of them gets bored with each other, there's no exchanging, because it's too late! This is now it. :D

"I now pronounce you husband and wife!"

After the round of congratulations it was time to move to indoors.







All the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies... Now put your hands up!
The eager bachelors are waiting for the garder...

After the dinner and the first dance as a married couple the programme included wild dancing, masquerade and whisky.








To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment