Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Before and After

We consider ourselves really lucky as we didn't suffer as many damages as did the people in the hard-struck regions, who are homeless and still without water and electricity. We do appreciate every day all the things we have and are able to still do. However, media tends to exaggerate the earthquake. The images shown in telly are of course bad, but they do not represent the whole Chile. There are people outside of Chile who are worrying for us and concerned fpr our safety, which is why I wanted to show you how our life was before the earthquake and how it has changed since February 27.

Before the February 27th...

On a sunny Sunday before the earthquake we hiked up the hill Cerro San Cristobal. The scenery in the summer is breath taking.

We found a relaxing little haven on the way up the hill.

As I have learned from the Vorarlbergers, when hiking a mountain, reaching the top is the best feeling.

And even better feeling is the rewarding, cool, fresh beer.


Don Carlos is our favourite steak restaurant. Nothing beats the Don Carlos' steak combined with a delicious wine, in this case Bisquertt's La Joya.


One week after the quake...

... and we wanted to enjoy the warm weather and celebrate life!

Marulean adonis in our rooftop pool.

Lukas's presenting his stylish swan dive.

I went for the more elegant bomb drop.


Two weeks after...

Nobody knows where the penguins come on this tiny island next to Algarrobo's sailboat harbour.

Seagulls' screams covered all the penguin song, but I'm pretty sure I saw the happy feet there.


Viña on a Sunday evening.

A little seaside boulevard with local handicrafts stands.

The beautiful sunset in Viña del Mar.

Do I need to say more?

No comments: