Monday, February 1, 2010

Dead Chicken in Heat

A week has already passed as I returned from the vacationes in Europe back to Santiago. It was sure nice to come to full summer! The flat was nearly as we left it, except for one little thing: it stunk like a dead chicken. Lovely. The cruel Chilean electricity company had decided to cut off the electricity in our flat because of one unpaid bill (since we were travelling we naturally didn't receive the bill). The amount of the bill: 7 Euros. Of course the chicken that we had left in the freezer had been brewing in there for a month. In the winter it might have not been such an issue, but in the summer, when the outside temperature is +33 Celsius degrees and inside temperature only few degrees less, you can imagine the smell... Well, you live, you learn, right?

Dust gathers really fast in the big city so my paws are constantly black no matter how often you sweep the floors. Anyhow, after cleaning I managed to "install" curtains to the bedroom and living room with a patent mecanism that a very creative and talented friend of mine told me: double sided sticker that you are able to take off and put on again if you will. Great, it works! Thank you Jasmine. :)

The hot air of the city has also driven the urban stray dogs on holidays. There are only a few brave ones in the city to be seen. I would go too, if I could. Yesterday I came back from the beaches of ViƱa del Mar, and there the weather is 10 degrees cooler as in the city! With the wonderful sea breeze blowing you don't even notice the sunshine. Not that I complain after the weeks I spent in Finnish winter.

As soon as the flat is as ready as it can be I will publish some pictures. Until then, I will continue enjoying the heat of Santiago and the coolness of our rooftop pool!

No comments: