Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Take 1: Austria

Hello my dear,

perhaps you are already aware that the desire for change in me is longing head first into new adventures. I have served my time in Austria - for now - and will soon be moving forward to another country, other experiences, new beginning... Where exactly, will still be a secret!

These past three years (nearly) have been more different than I ever could have expected. So much has happened and yet everything remained the same. I have learned so many new things yet still searching for the red thread of life! German language means more to me now than just what's known from Marienhof, Ein Fall für Zwei and Kommissar Rex. Nature has a new meaning for me - it's amazing what seeing the power of it from a bird's perspective can do. Schnaps still doesn't taste good but I've learned to tolerate it and to take it like a man! ;) (Necessary in these circles...) Austrian Cuisine is something spectacular alright, learning me to grow into it bit by bit - literally. The local public health care is something even our Finnish system could learn from! My character has been spiced up by tolerance, humility, pure joy, sense of belonging, courage and most of all: hope and laughter.

The four seasons in Vorarlberg:

Spring.


Summer.


Autumn.


Winter.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great to hear that you are happy and proud to be here! Yours, Lukas

Viivi Seppänen said...

Take 1 is excellent! I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

Lots of hugs, Viivi

Johanna said...

Thanks for your support, guys! :)